1. Gov. Paul LePage’s threat to stop running the food stamp program if sugary drinks and candy remain eligible purchases could leave nearly 200,000 Maine recipients without benefits. (PH)
2. The body of a deceased man pulled from the Portland waterfront has been tentatively identified as 23-year-old Matthew Foster of Scarborough. (WCSH)
3. Crews responded to a fire at 314 Warren Ave. around 9:45 p.m. last night. There are 3 tenants in that building but the fire was contained to Cumberland County Scooters & Cycles. No one was inside the business at the time of the fire and no one was injured. Half of the business has been destroyed and firefighters had to fight against melting plastic from the motor bikes. The cause of the fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious. (WMTW)
4. Burger King has introduced Mac ‘N Cheetos. Currently only available in select Southern California restaurants. A five pack sells for just $2.49. (Verge)
5. Let It Go Day. This day encourages you to take the brave step to cast away all those hang-ups from a previous chapter in your life.
Made Hot in Maine by Shelly Rose Photography!