1. The Broncos will face the Panthers in the 50th edition of the big game on February 7th. In a heartbreaking game the Broncos beat the Patriots 20-18 yesterday. Tom Brady post game said “Tough Way to end the season. I’m proud of how we fought today.”
2. At least 29 deaths are blamed on Winter Storm Jonas this weekend, resulting from car crashes, carbon monoxide and shoveling snow. West Virginia got hit the hardest with a total of 42 inches of snow.
3. Multibillionaire and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg is seriously considering a third-party run for president. He’ll likely spend at least $1 billion of his personal fortune to run as an independent if Bernie Sanders is the Democratic nominee and either Donald Trump or Ted Cruz wins the GOP nomination.
4. Portland High School’s Joe Esposito is the recipient if the 45th Fitzpatrick trophy. The award is given to the best senior football player in Maine. He finished the year with more than 16 hundred yards on the ground and 27 touchdowns, along with a conference-leading 103 tackles on defense. Nice work, Joe!
5. Today is Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, Irish Coffee Day, and Opposite day!
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!