1. 46.7 million Americans are expected to travel between Wednesday and Sunday. It’s the highest travel volume since 2007. Many Americans are enjoying cheaper gas prices this year as well. The national average right now is $2.21. Last year it was $2.94!
2. An estimated 46 million turkeys will be eaten on Thanksgiving. Wow. On that note, the average American will consume over 4500 calories in holiday gluttony. Yikes. (Worth it)
3. Of course many places are closed on Thanksgiving, but not every where! Gas stations, movie theaters, pharmacies and some restaurants are open on Thanksgiving.
4. It wasn’t until 1941 that Congress declared Thanksgiving a National Holiday. Weird to think that it wasn’t considered a national holiday while some of our parents/grandparents were younger!
5. We should be thankful for every thing we have, but Americans do love to shop! BLACK FRIDAY! Americans spent $12.29 billion in 2014 for Black Friday shopping. And last year people spent an average of $126.68 on holiday gifts for themselves. #TreatYoSelf