1. Tuesday’s shooting victims have been identified. Joseph Eaton allegedly shot and killed his parents and their friends in Bowdoin after being released from prison four days prior. He was later apprehended in Yarmouth after firing at cars he believed to be police following him. Eaton confessed to the murder and has a long criminal history. Eaton allegedly wounded 3 members of a Bowdoinham family on I-295. Paige Halsey remains in critical condition at Maine Medical Center in Portland while her father, Sean, and brother, Justin, suffered non-life-threatening injuries. (BDN)
2. Jurors are deliberating in a trial that could determine the fate of Maine’s most controversial CMP power corridor. Jurors must decide if companies linked to CMP backed the project’s construction on an accelerated schedule to gain legal rights over a referendum that could kill it. The trial will resume today. (PH)
3. Air pollution in Portland is increasing, with the city now ranked as the 65th most-polluted city in the U.S, up from 100th, according to the American Lung Association. Bangor continues to be one of the cleanest cities in the country, one of only seven cities nationwide to make the cleanest cities list. (WGME)
4. Happy 4/20! Marijuana enthusiasts will celebrate all things cannabis culture today. We’ll be celebrating by broadcasting live from dispensaries throughout the day. Find B. Aull at Grass Monkey (So Po) at 10AM. Hayley and Tara will be at Ganja Candy Factory (Biddeford) from 12PM-2PM. Look for Ryan and Tara at Grass Roots (Portland) from 4PM-6PM.
5. Kellogg’s is collaborating with ICEE to create ICEE cereal. The cherry and blue raspberry puffs contain an ingredient to cool the mouth while eating, like a real ICEE. The cereal should be available in stores soon. (TH)
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com