1. Gov. Janet Mills announced Thursday that all Mainers 16 and older will be eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine beginning April 7. (WMTW)
2. The U.S. tops 30.5 million covid-19 cases with more than 553,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 283 new cases on Thursday keeping Maine’s death toll at 743 with 74 Mainers currently hospitalized. Over 277,000 Mainers have received their final COVID-19 vaccine dose, which represents more than 20% of the population. (WMTW)
3. Bates College has imposed a temporary quarantine to slow a Covid-19 outbreak. With 34 active cases, students are told to stay inside their rooms until next Tuesday to reduce the spread. (PRESS HERALD)
4. Opening Day of the Red Sox 2021 season was postponed from Thursday to Friday due to intermittent rain in the area. The starting time of 2:10 p.m. ET will be the same as it would have been on Thursday. Fenway will be at 12% capacity. (MLB)
5. Good Friday – Good Friday commemorates the death of Jesus. A day of prayer and fasting for some. Sunday is Easter – celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. Put on your Easter outfit and celebrate this special holiday. Don’t eat too much candy.
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!