1. Facebook’s Oversight Board ruled that Facebook was justified in its decision to ban former reality TV show host Donald Trump, but that it was “not appropriate” for the company to not provide a timeframe for the suspension. Facebook has six months to “justify a proportionate response that is consistent with the rules that are applied to other users of its platform.” Trump will remain banned in the meantime. (INSTAGRAM)
2. The U.S. tops 32.5 million covid-19 cases with more than 578,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 348 new cases on Wednesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 791 with 132 Mainers currently hospitalized. Over 41% of Mainers have been fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. The University of New England will require that all students and staff returning to the university’s campuses in the fall be vaccinated for COVID-19 before the start of the semester. The University of Maine System is not mandating vaccinations for the fall, but are encouraging as many students and staff as possible to get vaccinated. (PRESS HERALD)
4. Jamie Logan of Augusta won over $32,000 on “Jeopardy!” Wednesday night. Her final Jeopardy! question was “The title of this huge hit 1977 album was the idea of the bass player, who specified it should be spelled the British way.” Rumours – Fleetwood Mac. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Hot Radio Maine’s Beach Trip with Erica Banks is June 3rd OUTSIDE on Hampton Beach at Bernie’s Beach Bar featuring DJ Jon with special guests Sydney and Brit Martin. Tickets on sale NOW.
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!