1. After about 10 hours of deliberation Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all charges: second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. His bail was immediately revoked and he is facing decades in prison. (WMTW)
2. Police on Tuesday located Afshin Zarechian, a New Hampshire man they were looking for in connection with a social media threat made against the University of Maine. He was taken to a hospital in Conway, New Hampshire to meet with his parents. (WMTW)
3. The U.S. tops 31.7 million covid-19 cases with more than 568,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 420 new cases on Tuesday keeping Maine’s death toll at 767 with 104 Mainers currently hospitalized. More than 1 million total vaccine doses have been administered to Mainers. (WMTW)
4. Today & Tomorrow, The Covid-19 mobile vaccination unit is in windham at 795 Roosevelt Trail from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. To be given priority, call 1-888-445-4111 for an appointment; or just stop by for a first come, first served Moderna Vaccine, while supplies last. You must be 18 years of older. Northern Light also reports plenty of availability at their Portland and Bangor clinics. (WMTW)
5. Mainers celebrated 4/20 for the first time with legal recreational cannabis sales yesterday. The adult-use market has brought in sales of roughly $13 million since launch, earning the state about $1.3 million in sales tax revenue. (PRESS HERALD)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!