1. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has resigned after a report found that he sexually harassed 11 women. Cuomo said the report is “false” but that he has been “too familiar with people” and “takes responsibility” for his actions.
2. The Senate approved a $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure plan on Tuesday. There’s money to rebuild roads and bridges, and also to shore up coastlines against climate change, protect public utility systems from cyberattacks and modernize the electric grid. Public transit gets a boost, as do airports and freight rail. Most lead drinking water pipes in America could be replaced.
3. Gov. Janet Mills is “strongly considering” a vaccination mandate for all health care workers in Maine. A decision is expected in the coming days.This comes one day after Maine Med announced a COVID-19 outbreak in the hospital’s emergency department.
4. FEMA in conjunction with the FCC will conduct a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System along with Wireless Emergency Alerts today at 2:20pm.
5. Pepsi is teaming with Boston Beer Co on “HARD MTN DEW,” a new flavored malt beverage (5% alcohol by volume) to hit the market in early 2022. Coming in three flavors – original, black cherry and watermelon.