1. The Senate voted Thursday to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson as the newest Supreme Court Justice and the first Black woman to the Supreme Court. Three Republican Senators including Sen. Susan Collins joined all 50 Democrats to support President Biden’s pick.
2. Sen. Susan Collins tested positive for COVID-19 and is experiencing mild symptoms. Collins was tested after two journalists who sat at her table during Saturday’s Gridiron Club dinner in Washington notified her that they had tested positive.
3. Maine Medical Center has decided to drop Anthem as an in-network insurance provider. If you have Anthem, your visit to a doctor’s office at other MaineHealth facilities will still likely be covered in-network, just not at Maine Medical Center. It’s important to note emergencies are an exception.
4. Animal control seized dozens of animals from a home in Alfred on Thursday. The owner of the animals, Brenda MacKenzie, says she had seven cats and 40 dogs, 30 of which were rescue animals.
5. Kit Kat has introduced the new limited-edition Kit Kat Blueberry Muffin bar. The new Kit Kat features blueberry muffin-flavored creme wrapped around iconic Kit Kat crispy wafers with graham cookie pieces folded into the bar. Kit Kat Blueberry Muffin will be available at retailers nationwide beginning this month while supplies last.