- Lewiston murder suspect, Eddie Massie, was captured in Greene after a three day man-hunt. He was wanted in connection with the death of Lacresha Howard, 25. (WMTW)
- Our first heavy snow will arrive today. A nor’easter will move up the coast Friday afternoon and evening. 10-16″ of snow in the White Mountains and western Maine mountains and 8 to 12 inches for the lakes region as well as Lewiston and Augusta. Greater Portland and along the coast it will mainly rain through much of the day. Some mixing will occur during the evening hours and rain will change to all snow by Saturday morning. A heavy and wet 2 to 4 inches of snow is likely before it ends. (WMTW)
- Kennebunk Elementary School has built a new playground for all to enjoy. There are ramps around the entire playground and bright blue and green materials are used for the visually impaired. Experts stress the importance of play for child development. (WGME)
- Portland winter festival Carnaval Maine is moving from the Eastern Promenade to the working waterfront and will shift its focus away from winter sports and more toward food and entertainment, including a headline performance by Maine singer-songwriter and recent Grammy nominee Amy Allen. It will be held March 8-12 at DiMillo’s property on Commercial Street overlooking Portland Harbor. (PH)
- Argentina and France will face off in the FIFA World Cup Final on Sunday at 10AM. Lionel Messi, the Argentina captain, is one win away from winning the World Cup trophy and cementing his legacy as the greatest ever to play the game. A video went viral of Argentina fans who went to Messi’s grandma’s house and started singing, “Messi’s Grandma.”
Made Hot in Maine by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE.