- For now, the Biden administration’s student loan forgiveness is paused. The Supreme Court said Thursday that applications and payments will remain halted until it hears arguments in a case challenging the plan. (IG)
- Ann Allen, 65, of Scarborough has filed a civil complaint claiming that the Catholic Church ignored allegations of child sex abuse. Allen becomes the first female to file a civil lawsuit against the church since the laws in Maine changed in 2021, lifting any statute of limitations. (WMTW)
- A couple have been arrested after dozens of guns and drugs were seized from a home in Deer Isle. Officials seized around 23 grams of fentanyl, 6 grams of crack cocaine, over $16,000 in suspected drug proceeds and 46 firearms. (WMTW)
- The state’s biggest pharmacy chain, Walgreens, has agreed to pay more than $68,000 in fines for violating state laws regarding staffing and operating hours. The documents show the Maine Board of Pharmacy has fined Walgreens 15 times already this year. (WGME)
- Bartender Appreciation Day – Tip a little extra today to your favorite bartender who pours it up
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein! Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and the justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.