- On Thursday, the House of Representatives passed a bill to codify federal protections for same-sex and interracial marriages. The Respect for Marriage Act legislation passed 258-169. The Senate passed the same bill last week. President Joe Biden is expected to sign the bill into law soon. (NBC)
- Indiana has filed suit against TikTok claiming misinformation about ties to the Chinese government and exposing kids to mature content. The move follows recent bans of TikTok on state government devices in Maryland, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Texas. (Verge)
- Maine health officials warned Thursday that Maine is experiencing a sharp increase in seasonal flu cases recently and is on pace to have an active influenza season. There have already been 3,446 positive tests for flu, 110 hospitalizations, and 31 outbreaks. (PH)
- Gov. Mills is upset with the Senate GOP for killing her heating aid bill. “We made changes to the bill to increase their support,” Mills said. “And then they turned their backs.” (WGME)
- Salesperson’s Day – Be sure to thank a salesperson. Not an easy job, especially during the holidays.