1. A new COVID-19 testing site opened in Biddeford on Thursday. Located at the Five Points Shopping Center on Alfred Street. The drive-thru site utilizes saliva-based PCR technology. The testing location will be open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Appointments are required.
2. Cell phones may soon be practically useless. As telecom companies roll out 5G, they’re also phasing out 3G networks. The companies say 3G devices will lose connectivity and may even lose the ability to make 911 calls. AT&T plans to shut down its 3G network next month, T-Mobile by July 1 and Verizon by Dec. 31. If you have a 3G device, consider upgrading sooner rather than later.
3. A nor’easter is taking aim at Maine and New Hampshire tomorrow. Heavy snow, strong winds, and coastal flooding are on the table. The track of the storm will determine snowfall amounts (as of now 8”-14”).
4. It’s National Blueberry Pancake Day! For every blueberry pancake served at the Maine Diner today, donations will be made to the Cure Sanfilippo Foundation.
5. Minnie Mouse is updating her look! The iconic mouse is leaving behind her classic red and white polka dot dress for a modern navy polka dot pantsuit. The new look is to help Disneyland Paris celebrate its upcoming 30th anniversary in March.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn! See Tejay and he’ll help you turn the Christmas gifts you didn’t want or need into CASH! Gold Rush for the good life, Main St, Sanford!