1. The federal government announced Thursday that its vaccine rules applying to private businesses with 100 or more employees will take effect on Jan. 4. In Maine, 700 private employers with 270,000 workers are affected by the rule. (WMTW)
2. A Stockton Springs officer has been arrested and accused of sexually assaulting a teen on numerous occasions. Charges against the officer allege that over the past seven months, he sexually assaulted a teen and even suggested to kill her mother so they could be together. (WGME)
3. A Portland City Council race came down to a random draw Thursday. Brandon Mazer and Roberto Rodriguez received 8,529 votes. Their names were put into a wooden bowl and drawn by the city clerk. A recount was requested shortly after the drawing by Rodriguez. (WGME)
4. Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday. Clocks officially “fall back” at 2 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, on Sunday to 1 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.
5. The Starbucks Winter Menu dropped yesterday. Five returning favorites and one brand-new latte to love: Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte. (Irish Cream Cold Brew, Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha) – Available in one of four gift-inspired festive Starbucks holiday cups. (YAHOO)