1. Six people linked to this week’s terror attacks in Brussels have been arrested. CBS News reports that federal prosecutors issued a statement on Thursday saying that the arrests were made during raids in the city. (CBS)
2. A new faster ferry, named the CAT, is expected to make the Portland – Yarmouth Nova Scotia trip in 5 ½ hours. Onboard amenities include a gift shop, food service, movie lounges and a play area for children. The ship has a capacity of 866 passengers and 282 cars. It will begin running the route this season no later than June 15th. (WMTW / BD)
3. The Red Cross is in need of type O Negative blood. Type O Negative blood is called the “universal blood type” because it can be given to anyone. In emergency situations, those that don’t know or can’t relay their blood type can be given O Negative blood. (WCSH)
4. Forbes just released their pick for America’s best midsize employers. L.L. Bean topped the list at number 1. The well-known publication says “what started out as a one-man operation in 1912 with one product, the Maine hunting shoe, has expanded into one of the largest catalog and online retailers of outdoor specialty goods in the world.” (WCSH)
5. Today is Good Friday. Held on the last Friday before Easter, this Christian religious holiday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Easter Sunday is meant to celebrate his resurrection. It is also a day in which a magical bunny hides plastic eggs filled w/ treats.