1. Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump blasted Mitt Romney in Portland on Thursday after the party’s 2012 nominee criticized him, saying Romney would have “dropped to his knees” for his endorsement four years ago. During his visit Trump also stated “Maine is one of the most beautiful places on earth.” He also referred to Governor Paul LePage as a “tough cookie.” (BD)
2. Republicans began their debate Thursday night with insults and ended with three candidates pledging to back Donald Trump should he win the nomination. (WMTW)
3. This season Six Flags will be repurposing nine of its roller coasters as ride systems for out-of-this-world virtual reality experiences. Superman the Ride at Six Flags New England will be one of the nine. Passengers will be able to strap on virtual reality headgear and embark on a hyper-realistic journey in the city of Metropolis. (WCSH)
4. The Deflategate saga is still not over and the threat of a four-game suspension for Tom Brady may be back in play. A three-judge panel heard oral arguments Thursday in New York from attorneys representing Brady and the NFL in an appeals case. The Judges’ line of questioning suggests Tom Brady’s suspension may be restored. (PH)
5. Today is Employee Appreciation Day. This day encourages managers, CEOs and employers to take a moment to remember how important and valuable their employees are.
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!