1. A hearing for bills increasing abortion access in Maine drew large crowds to the State House complex. Gov. Mills’ bill is the most high-profile of the five abortion bills heard. It proposes to legalize abortion later in pregnancy if deemed necessary by a licensed doctor. Opponents outnumbered supporters at the State House. (PH)
2. Joshua Goncalves-Radding, a 20-year-old from New York, has pleaded not guilty to multiple charges, for the crash that killed four Maine Maritime Academy students. The accident occurred in Castine in December, and investigations revealed that speed and alcohol were contributing factors. Three others were injured in the accident. (WGME)
3. Sunday’s rainstorm is causing flooding into this morning. Widespread flooding has occurred from New Hampshire through Maine with some areas receiving more than 5 inches of rain. The Androscoggin River in Lewiston was expected to hit 15.6 feet last night which is 2.5 over flood range. (WGME)
4. STRIVE, a nonprofit supporting young adults with disabilities, is holding their annual 12-hour dance party, STRIVE Rocks, this Friday from 8am to 8pm. The now virtual event raises funds for the organization. (WGME)
5. Teacher appreciation day is today. Here are some deals for educators to celebrate: Applebee’s – Teachers receive 10% off or a free main course meal. BWW – Teachers get 20% off this week. TGI Fridays – Free meals for teachers starting at 5pm.
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com