- On Sunday, at least 36 people were injured after a Hawaiian Airlines flight hit a pocket of severe turbulence on approach to Honolulu from Phoenix. Twenty passengers were taken to local emergency rooms, with 11 having severe injuries. (CNN)
- Postal workers demonstrated in front of the Forest Avenue post office in Portland on Sunday amid major delivery delays. The rally was organized by the National Association of Letter Carriers Local 92, which says the delays are because of worker shortages and packages – most often from Amazon – being prioritized over first-class mail. (PH)
- As more states ban the use of the social media app TikTok from government devices and networks, officials in Maine have not yet decided if they plan to take any action. A spokesperson for Governor Janet Mills said the administration is still “evaluating” next steps. As of Friday, 12 states, including New Hampshire, have taken steps to restrict the use of TikTok by government officials. (WGME)
- Edward Little student athlete, Brayden Bashaw, has raised almost $100K for make-A-wish and children’s hospitals with his handmade ornaments. (WMTW)
- Argentina has won the World Cup. Argentina, led by superstar Lionel Messi, went up 2-0 and held the lead well into the second half. 2 goals in less than 2 minutes from France’s sensation Mbappé tied the match and sent the Final into extra time. Argentina went up in added time with a Messi goal, but Mbappé buried another penalty kick giving him a hat trick. With the match tied at 3-3, penalty kicks decided the deal. Argentina won the shootout 4-2. The win gives Argentina its third World Cup title and the first since 1986. Messi won the Golden Ball for best player in the tournament while Mbappé took home the Golden Boot with the most goals in the World Cup. (CNN)
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.