1. COVID-19 hospitalizations remain high in Maine during the omicron surge. It is getting easier to find an on-site test. The jetport had up to 149 appointments a day available for the coming days. A week ago all slots were booked for a week straight.
2. Face coverings will be required starting today in South Portland for everyone over the age of two in public buildings. Unlike surrounding areas, the mandate is not giving businesses the option to check vaccination cards over requiring masks.
3. Lewiston police responded to a report Friday of a man walking around carrying his own severed arm, which had been cut off at the shoulder. Two public works employees in the area applied a tourniquet until help arrived. Police followed a trail of blood from where the man was receiving help back to the AK Market.
4. Olive Pit Brewing Co., a rare woman-owned brewery, opened its doors Friday at 16 Main St. in Lisbon Falls. There are 19 businesses on Main Street. Of which, 11 are women-owned. Owner, Christy Cain, said they’re working on brewing a Moxie porter.
5. Best weekend in football ever?! Each of the four games was decided on the last play of the game. The Bengals took out the AFC’s top seeded Titans. San Fran may have closed the book on Aaron Rodgers’ career in Green Bay. The Rams took down Tom Brady and the Bucs. The Bills and Chiefs scored a total of 25 points in the final two minutes of regulation. The game went into overtime, and the Chiefs secured the win.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn! See Tejay and he’ll help you turn the Christmas gifts you didn’t want or need into CASH! Gold Rush for the good life, Main St, Sanford!