1. President Donald Trump took aim at hip-hop mogul JAY-Z via Twitter on Sunday. “Somebody please inform Jay Z that because of my policies, black unemployment has just been reported to be at the LOWEST RATE EVER RECORDED!” Trump wrote. The president’s tweet came shortly after Jay criticized Trump for recently referring to Africa, Haiti and El Salvador as “s**thole countries.” “Everyone feels anger, but after the anger it’s really hurtful because it’s looking down at a whole population of people and it’s so misinformed because these places have beautiful people and beautiful everything,” Jay told CNN on Saturday. “This is the leader of the free world speaking like this.” (NY Post)
2. A send-off rally at Patriot Place and a trip on AirKraft are what the Patriots have left to look forward to before arriving in Minneapolis for their date with the Eagles in Super Bowl LII. The rally begins at 9 a.m. Monday. Channel 8 WMTW will air the rally live. Sunday was the final day the New England Patriots practiced in Foxborough this season. (WMTW)
3. The New England Patriots are four-and-a-half-point favorites to beat the Philadelphia Eagles in Sunday’s Super Bowl in Minneapolis. But as ESPN notes, there are over 400 prop bets (head or tails?!) that can be made on the game and the action surrounding it. The line for how long this year’s national anthem, performed by Pink, will last has been set at 2:00. Pink is also a favorite to not forget or omit a word during the national anthem. Pink is also a favorite to not wear an Eagles shirt or hat during her performance. (SB Nation)
4. For decades, Allen’s coffee-flavored brandy has far outsold other hard alcohol in Maine. It accounts for virtually all of Allen’s sales nationwide. Allen’s website claims it is “an almost cultural rite of passage – a beverage shared by generations of Mainers.” Nationally popular brands are encroaching on its territory. The biggest challenger being Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. Allen’s sold $10.1 million worth of coffee brandy in Maine last year. Over the last four years Allen’s numbers have been slipping. In 2017, Fireball was the second-highest-selling spirit, with about $8.4 million in sales. (Sun Journal)
5. Puzzle Day. This day is your chance to go back to basics and do a jigsaw, solve a crossword or buy a Rubik’s Cube and frustrate your friends! Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. This day is best celebrated by taking a big old roll of bubble wrap and popping every single bubble in the sheet.
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify! (Job Corps)