1. Maine reported one COVID-19-related death on Saturday as the number of patients hospitalized with the disease continued to drop. A total of 139 patients were hospitalized statewide. None were on ventilators.
2. The body of an 18-year-old missing swimmer was recovered in Falmouth last night. The man was swimming with his friends in the river and after he did not resurface, his friends notified authorities.
3. The Maine CDC has identified the first case of monkeypox in Maine. Maine joins 44 other states in reporting cases of the virus, but officials say the risk remains low.
4. David Ortiz was one of seven inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Sunday. Ortiz is the first designated hitter inducted to the Hall on his first ballot. He signed with the Red Sox as a 27-year-old free agent in 2003 and helped lead them to a World Series title in 2004.
5. Hot Radio Maine and Innox Entertainment Present Afrobeats Night, Friday July 29th at Aura in Portland. Making the trip from Lagos to Maine… Pheelz will be in the building, hosting and performing his hit single “Finesse.” This is a 21+ event. Doors open at 9m. $20 cover at the door.