1. 62-year-old Somerset County sheriff’s Cpl. Eugene Cole was shot and killed Wednesday morning on U.S. Route 2 — the first killing of Maine police officer in a shooting in nearly 30 years. The suspect, who remained at large and is considered by police to be “armed and extremely dangerous,” was identified as John Williams, 29, of Madison. He was described as being 5 feet, 6 inches tall, weighing about 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Police said anyone who sees Williams should call 911 immediately. (PH)
2. Hadlock Field was named one of the top 10 minor league ballparks, in a list published Wednesday by Baseball America. Hadlock ranked No. 8 on the list. According to Baseball America, the list was based on a survey of broadcasters and scouts across the country. From the publication: “The rules were simple: In all your travels, which park would you most likely to return to if you were a fan?”
3. Boston Bruins came from behind to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 7 — again — winning 7-4 on Wednesday night to advance to the Eastern Conference semifinals. Boston will play the Tampa Bay Lightning in the second round. (Boston)
4. In honor of Cinco de Mayo, Applebee’s will be pouring $2 Dos Equis throughout the month of May. Elite Daily reports that the two-buck bargain beer hits restaurants on May 1 (Elitedaily)
5. #HOTSHOW starring LIL JON (DJ & Performance Set) at the State Theatre, Saturday Sept.1 (LaborDay Weekend). Tickets on sale NOW! Charge by phone at 800-745-3000, in person at the Port City Music Hall box office or online HERE
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!