1. About 35 percent of Maine residents have been infected with COVID-19 from the pandemic’s onset through February, far below the national average of 58 percent, according to a new federal study. Maine had the third-lowest infection rate in the nation, behind only Hawaii at 34 percent and Vermont at 29 percent.
2. White House press secretary Jen Psaki signaled Monday that President Biden may soon announce a plan for student loan forgiveness. She said the president will “make a decision about any cancellation of student debt before the conclusion of that pause on student loans.”
3. Police identified the man shot dead on Woodford Street as Derald Coffin of West Bath, but they gave no other details.
4. Moderna on Thursday asked U.S. regulators to authorize low doses of its COVID-19 vaccine for children younger than 6, a long-awaited move toward potentially opening shots for millions of tots by summer.
5. #HOTSHOW23 starring YG! (for a rare east coast, up close and personal concert) is taking place June 16, 2022 at Aura in Portland, ME. Tickets are available now on hotradiomaine.com (https://bit.ly/hotshowyg)