- New Balance wants a $65 million expansion of its manufacturing facility on Walnut Street in Skowhegan. The proposal calls for a 120,000 square-foot addition and 200 more jobs. (WGME)
- Today is the deadline to enroll for health coverage through CoverME.gov to ensure that coverage begins in January 2023. Nearly 60,000 Mainers enrolled in a health care plan through CoverMe.gov for 2022. (WMTW)
- Maine’s minimum wage will increase from $12.75 to $13.80 starting January 1. Service employees who work under the “tip wage” will now receive a minimum $6.90 per hour. (WGME)
- Around 1.4 million Ram pickup trucks are being recalled. The trucks’ tailgates may not close correctly and leave your cargo to fall out. The affected Ram trucks include the 1500, 2500 and 3500 from the 2019 to 2022 model years. Ram owners are advised to tie their cargo down until their truck is inspected. (ABC)
- Nor’easter predicted to bring snow to Maine Friday into Saturday. The storm’s track has shifted slightly farther south. All rain was expected at the coast there is now a chance for 2-4″ of wet, slushy snow. In the mountains and foothills, all snow is expected with 8-12″ (WMTW)
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.