1. Governor Mills will give her State of the State address in-person today for the first time since the pandemic began. She will focus heavily on the impacts the pandemic has had on Maine and cover how to best use the state’s $822-million budget surplus.
2. Auburn pulled all of its school buses from operating after it was discovered that many were improperly inspected. Police discovered that a licensed technician allowed someone else who is not licensed by state police to inspect the buses.
3. “Too Good To Go” is a new app that is spreading across Portland. Restaurants fill up “surprise bags” with extra food from the day, which you can then purchase through the app. The goal is to reduce food waste.
4. Nathan Chen delivered a whopping 218.63-point free skate to become just the second American man to win gold in men’s singles in 30 years — and cement his status as the best men’s figure skater in the world.
5. #HOTSHOW22 starring NLE Choppa takes place Sunday, February 27th at Aura. Doors open at 6pm. Show starts at 7pm. The show is all ages. Tickets available at HotRadioMaine.com
Made Hot in Maine by Goldrushautosales.com! Tejay has great deals on cars and trucks, and he takes trade-ins and buys vehicles, too! Gold Rush for the good life!