- A report released by the Gulf of Maine Research Institute ranked 2022 as the second warmest year ever for the Gulf, Atlantic Ocean waters stretching from Mass to Canada. The Gulf is warming faster than 97% of the rest of the world’s ocean waters. (WMTW)
- Some parents in RSU 14 (Windham and Raymond), want the book “Gender Queer: A Memoir” out of the school’s libraries. They say the book has graphic images. Bonny Eagle and Spruce Mountain school districts challenged it in the fall. Dirigo High School banned the book. Supporters of the book say it is educational and important for representation of LGBTQ students. (WGME)
- Portland Jetport expansion plans include space for international flights. Their plan includes 800 new parking spaces that need city council approval, as well as a customs and border protection section in the old ticketing area. (WGME)
- A Non-hormonal male birth control drug was 100% effective in trials on mice. The drug is taken before sex in order to stop sperm from swimming effectively for an approximately 3-hour window. Doctors describe it as a fertility “on-off switch” that does not affect testosterone levels. Researchers are now preparing for human trials. (JN)
- Do A Grouch A Favor Day – Do a favor for the grouchy person in your life! A small act of kindness goes a long way.
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com