1. One year ago Donald Trump told his followers to “fight like hell” and said he would march with them to the Capitol. The result left five dead, hundreds facing charges and millions of dollars in property damage. Speaking at Congress today, President Biden will say Trump holds “singular responsibility” for the “chaos and carnage.”
2. Portland’s new mask mandate went into effect yesterday. All businesses must have signs up by Monday. Free masks for local businesses to distribute are available at city hall today and next Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. The state is opening a new drive-thru COVID-19 testing site on Monday at the Armory in Augusta. Appointments will be required.
4. CDC guidance is that swabbing the nose or throat are both effective for at-home COVID testing. However some researchers have found the throat swab is superior. Dr. Shah said “If it were me, I’d go with the back of the throat.”
5. Starbucks is kicking off the new year with the returning of the fan favorite Pistachio Latte and Meatless Mondays. Every Monday in January you can enjoy $2 off the Impossible Breakfast Sandwich.