1. Gov. Mills announced on Wednesday that more than 500,000 Mainers will receive $285 disaster relief payments from the state. The checks will be mailed to eligible Mainers beginning Monday. People who lived full-time in Maine and worked during the 2020 tax year and had an adjusted gross income of less than $75,000 are eligible.
2. Gov. Mills also announced yesterday that Maine’s seafood industry will receive $10 Million from her Maine jobs and Recovery plan. Processors or dealers interested in these funds can apply online. Officials plan to distribute the funds in March.
3. Brandon Mazer conceded to Robert Rodriguez in the Portland City Council race following a recount. Mazer was originally declared the winner after his name was drawn out of a salad bowl.
4. YouTube announced it is hiding public dislike counts on all videos. The video platform says the decision will prevent “dislike attacks,” and encourage “respectful interactions between viewers and creators.”
5. Today we honor the men and women who have sacrificed time away from loved ones and friends while also putting their lives on the line to protect our country. Happy Veterans Day! There are more than 114,000 veterans living in Maine, one of the highest percentages of the total population in the country.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!