1. The National Park Service is investigating after human remains were found at Acadia National Park. The remains were found Friday near the Fabbri Picnic Area, which is on Park Loop Road on Otter Point, not far from Thunder Hole. Officials said it is not considered to be a criminal case
2. Mainers are seeing a rise in gas prices again this fall. The rising gas prices come after residents finally felt relief from gas prices decreasing over the summer after an expensive spring season. Maine’s average gas price sits at $3.65 per gallon, while the national average is $3.92 per gallon.
3. The White House released a preview of applications expected later this month for federal student loan borrowers to apply for debt forgiveness. Borrowers will only have to enter their name, social security number, date of birth, email and phone number. Borrowers will be notified once the application is available.
4. Delta Air Lines and Starbucks are linking their loyalty programs, marking the latest move by the companies to expand the appeal of their rewards programs and boost sales. Members of Delta’s SkyMiles loyalty program can now earn one mile for each $1 spent at Starbucks after connecting the accounts.
5. Today is National No Bra Day! Falling right in the middle of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it’s a time for women (and men!) to learn about breast health.