1. One person is in the hospital after a shooting at Deering Oaks Park in Portland yesterday afternoon. Police say they don’t believe there is any threat to the public.
2. A 12-year-old has been charged with terrorizing after a threat was found written on the wall of a Bangor school on Wednesday. Bangor schools saw an increased police presence on Wednesday, but no disturbances had been reported.
3. Portland’s public school district may turn to four-day school weeks for some students because of a severe staffing shortage. The most critical need for educators is in the district’s special education program.
4. The annual Flags for Heroes exhibit, put on by the Portland Rotary Club, started Wednesday at the Maine Mall in South Portland. Until September 14th, the center court at the Maine Mall will be lined with American flags each showing the name of a hero.
5. Apple unveiled its new iPhone 14 lineup at a press event on Wednesday, along with three new Apple Watch models, an update to its popular AirPods product line, and a feature that could save lives when cell service isn’t available. The biggest surprise, however, is the price which has the same starting prices as last year’s models. The iPhone 14 and 14 Plus will start at $799 and $899. The Pro models start at $999 and $1099. Samsung took to Twitter to share its thoughts saying: “Let us know it when it folds. 💁♀️.”
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein! Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and the justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.