1. The TSA will stop enforcing the national public transportation mask mandate for the time being. A federal judge canceled the CDC’s travel rules that have been in effect since the start of the pandemic. Airports are expected to act on the new rules in the next 24 to 48 hours.
2. The number of patients in Maine hospitals with COVID-19 continues to hold steady despite the omicron BA.2 subvariant. The state reported 93 hospitalizations Monday, up slightly from Sunday.
3. President Joe Biden will be in Portsmouth, New Hampshire today. He is expected to talk about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and its impact in New England.
4. On the 50th anniversary of the first official women’s race, reigning Olympic champion Peres Jepchirchir won the Boston Marathon in 2 hours, 21 minutes, 1 second. Evans Chebet completed the Kenyan sweep, winning for the men in 2:06:51.
5. TikTok is trying out a feature that allows users to “dislike comments” they deem “irrelevant or inappropriate.” The move is intended to help users “feel more in control over comments,” according to the platform.