1. Former President Trump revealed that he received the booster shot to a crowd in Texas on Sunday. Trump touted the development of Covid-19 vaccines as an accomplishment of his administration.
2. Portland’s city council voted to keep their state of emergency order Monday. This means, starting January 1, a new hazard pay of $19.50 per hour will kick in. The state is seeing record breaking COVID-19 numbers almost every day.
3. Hannaford is announcing a recall because the products could be contaminated with listeria. Fresh Express is pulling a variety of its packaged salads. They may have been purchased between December 2 and December 19.
4. Today is National Maine Day, a chance for the U.S. to celebrate it’s best state. National Maine Day has been celebrated every Dec. 21 since 2017. Maine is the only state name with a single syllable and is also the only state to border only one other state.
5. Winter Solstice – The longest night and shortest day of the year. (occurs when either of Earth’s poles reaches its maximum tilt away from the Sun.)
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!