1. The number of Mainers hospitalized with COVID-19 has reached its lowest point since Nov. 9 and is now less than half the peak. 216 COVID-19 patients were in Maine hospitals Monday, down from a high of 436 set on Jan. 13.
2. A woman’s body was found Monday on rocks at Prouts Neck in Scarborough. It was not immediately clear if the death was considered suspicious. The woman’s identity is being withheld pending notification of family.
3. An intense fire on Munjoy Hill on Jan. 29 destroyed two townhouses. Six other units were damaged and a total of 22 people were displaced. GoFundMe campaigns set up for individual families and sets of roommates have raised tens of thousands of dollars.
4. The high school basketball tournament is back for the first in person winter championships in two years. Games are bringing in hundreds of fans in Augusta, Bangor and Portland today. Local businesses are seeing a boost after a rough year.
5. Not only is it Taco Tuesday, but it’s also National Margarita Day! Be on the lookout for two-for-one deals since the date is 2/22/22.
Made Hot in Maine by Goldrushautosales.com! Tejay has great deals on cars and trucks, and he takes trade-ins and buys vehicles, too! Gold Rush for the good life!