- On Monday, Damar Hamlin was discharged from UC Medical Center in Cincinnati and transferred to Buffalo. The news comes one week after he suffered a cardiac arrest during Monday Night Football. “Headed home to Buffalo today with a lot of love on my heart.” the Bills safety tweeted. (TMZ)
- Maine Senator King visited the Ukraine capital and President Zelensky over the weekend. King sees the war as a stalemate and emphasizes American aid must continue to flow. (WMTW)
- The Georgia Bulldogs dominated TCU 65-7 last night to win their second National Championship in a row. The Bulldogs are the first back to back National Champions in the CFP era. (CBS)
- Maine Maritime Academy is bringing back its football program as a sub-varsity program in 2023 and will resume a varsity, NCAA Division III schedule in the fall of 2025. The Mariners suspended the program in 2020 because of financial challenges resulting from the pandemic. (WMTW)
- Rob Gronkowski and Fanduel are teaming up for a live commercial stunt during the Super Bowl. PLAY AUDIO If Gronk hits a 25-yard field goal, anyone who bet $5 on the game at FanDuel Sportsbook will win a share of $10,000,000 of free bets on the gambling site. Gronk said, “I was punt, pass and kick champion in the western New York region when I was growing up… So I love kicking field goals. I used to practice all the time.” (SBJ)
Made Hot in Maine by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE.