1. Much of the nation will be watching tomorrow as former special counsel Robert Mueller faces questions from dozens of members of Congress about his investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and possible obstruction of justice by President Donald Trump, one person who claims he will not be tuning in. On Monday, The Justice Department instructed Mueller in a letter not to answer a variety of questions about his investigation, which shows how difficult it may be to get any new information or insights about the high-profile investigation. (WGME)
2. Bangor police say a Maine Game Warden has been charged with assault after an incident at the Florida Georgia Line concert Thursday night. Bangor police issued a summons for 41-year old Jeremy Judd of Mechanic Falls. He was featured on the Animal Planet show “North Woods Law.” Judd is scheduled to be arraigned in Augusta and he faces up to a year in prison and a $2,000 fine. (WGME)
3. New York became the first U.S. state to ban the declawing of cats Monday, joining most of Europe, several Canadian provinces and a growing list of American cities that already prohibit a procedure animal advocates call cruel and unnecessary. The operation was once commonly performed to protect furniture and human skin from feline scratching but in recent years it has come under scrutiny by animal welfare advocates and many vets. Under the bill, veterinarians could still perform the procedure for medical reasons, such as infection or injury. (WGME)
4. A hometown girl has landed a new record deal with Warner Music. Amy Allen, a Windham, Maine native, has written hit songs for Halsey and Selena Gomez and now has a chance to release her own music. During her time spent in Maine, Allen was involved in solo music projects and various musical groups throughout the state. Allen’s songwriting reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot One Hundred earlier this year with the song “Without Me” for singer Halsey. Allen now lives in Los Angeles and her major label debut is expected to be released next year. (WMTW)
5. HOT SUMMER 2019 Saturday August 31 Maine Savings Pavilion At Rock Row In Westbrook starring Wiz Khalifa, A Boogie, YK Osiris, Iyla Tickets on Sale Now or locally at the box office located at Aura – 121 Center Street Portland.
Made Hot In Maine By the US Army. Make a difference in the world around you in the boots of a US Army soldier and gain leadership skills in one of more than 150 career fields. goarmy.com