1. Mainers will decide the fate of the controversial CMP corridor today. Voting “No” would allow construction to continue. Voting “Yes” would stop it.
2. A man accused of robbing the Bangor Savings Bank on Route 1 in York Monday morning is now on the run in Massachusetts. The suspect was stopped later in the day by a Salisbury, Massachusetts cop. He hit the officer in the face and drove away.
3. Those nearly $300 hazard payments for Mainers who worked through the pandemic are set to start going out this month. The money will be issued beginning this month with about 100,000 checks per week, over a 5 to 6-week period.
4. Oxford Languages chose Vax (or vaxx with two x’s for some) as their word of the year. In awarding the honor to vax, Oxford said, “Whether you are vaxxed, double-vaxxed, or unvaxxed, the language relating to vaccines and vaccination permeated all of our lives in 2021.”
5. The McRib is back for a limited time!! It features a seasoned boneless pork patty slathered in BBQ sauce and topped with slivered onions and crunchy dill pickle chips and served on a toasted homestyle bun!
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!