- President Biden asked Congress to intervene and block a railroad strike before next month’s deadline in the stalled contract talks. “Let me be clear: a rail shutdown would devastate our economy,” Biden said in a statement. “Without freight rail, many U.S. industries would shut down.” (PH)
- Mike Pence and numerous Republican lawmakers criticized Donald Trump for dining with white nationalist Nick Fuentes and Kanye West, both of whom have a history of antisemitic remarks. Sen. Susan Collins said in a statement that she condemns “antisemitism and white supremacy” and that “the president should never have had a meal or even a meeting with Nick Fuentes.” (PH)
- The University of New England is about to start a $93 million project to move the state’s only medical school from Biddeford to Portland. The Harold and Bibby Alfond Center for Health Sciences is expected to open by June 1, 2024. (PH)
- Hunters set a deer-harvest record in Maine this season at 41,875. The previous record was set in 1959. In an effort to thin the deer herd new antlerless deer permits were introduced this fall that allowed hunters to shoot a doe and a buck. (PH)
- Throw Out Your Leftovers Day – Sorry but Thanksgiving leftovers have to go.