- Today is Election Day and polling places are open! Secretary of State Shenna Bellows says Maine had the 3rd highest voter participation in 2020. She’s shooting higher than that this year. (WGME)
- Lyft and Uber are doing their part to get people to the polls. Lyft is offering up to a 50 percent discount on rides. Use the code VOTE22 in the Lyft app to get up to a $10 savings on your trip to vote. Uber has teamed with Power to the Polls to get poll workers back and forth. Ride vouchers for eligible poll workers will cover up to $200 for transport to and from voting centers. (PEOPLE)
- The city of Portland is asking residents to “leave the leaves.” The city says the practice benefits the soil and the environment. The city’s Parks, Recreation and Facilities Department says they are mulching in place and are asking residents to do the same. This includes weed prevention, fertilization and soil moisture preservation. (WGME)
- Powerball announced Monday night that the drawing “has been delayed due to a participating lottery needing extra time to complete the required security protocols.” There was no time frame given for the drawing. (PH)
- Hot Radio Maine’s Annual Free Turkey Giveaway is going down on Tuesday the 22nd at the Wells IGA (1517 Post Road). We’re proud to partner with Maine Credit Unions Campaign for ending hunger. Together, we’ll give away one hundred free turkeys.
Made Hot in Maine by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein! Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers. Call Joe today and get a free case evaluation. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.