1. A three-year-old child is expected to make a full recovery after overdosing on heroin in Brownfield. The girl was found unconscious from ingesting some heroin that was left within her reach. The mother was charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
2. The Lewiston school district is scheduling a series of COVID-19 vaccination clinics at their schools for Thursday and Friday, Nov. 18 and 19. Clinics will be held at all five elementary schools in the district during school hours.
3. Bus driver shortage continues in Maine. MSAD 51 in Cumberland is offering free training to anyone willing to become a bus driver. In the town of Richmond, all bus runs through Nov. 16 have been canceled, except for pre-K, due to COVID-19 cases and quarantines.
4. Big Bird announced Saturday that he had gotten his COVID-19 vaccine, just days after the FDA approved the Pfizer shot for children ages 5-11. “My wing is feeling a little sore, but it’ll give my body an extra protective boost that keeps me and others healthy,” the yellow bird tweeted.
5. Fried Chicken Sandwich Day – Who has your favorite?
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!