1. Ten people were shot, and more were injured after a subway shooting Tuesday morning in New York City. The incident took place at the 36th Street station in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn. Witnesses said a gunman had a gas mask on and deployed a smoke canister on a train. He then reportedly fired 33 times.
2. The Maine Senate made history Tuesday when members voted unanimously to confirm District Judge Rick Lawrence to the state’s highest court. Lawrence will be the first Black justice to sit on the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
3. The number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Maine increased to 103 Tuesday, the third time in three weeks that hospitalizations have climbed over 100.
4. Jamie Karaffa, a middle school teacher in Poland, and Hillary Hoyt, a third grade teacher in Winterport were surprised Tuesday with $25,000 Milken Education Awards.
5. Netflix has recently added a new rating system that helps the platform find out what customers love with the ‘double thumbs’ feature. Do you like it or do you love it?