1. Gov. Janet Mills says she will sign the supplemental budget into law this afternoon during a ceremony at the State House. The budget includes $850 relief checks to more than 857,000 Mainers.
2. Officials at the Portland Jetport said face coverings are now optional. Some international flights are still requiring them.
3. Uber and Lyft won’t require passengers or drivers to wear masks anymore.
4. The Senate approved a bill that aims to allow sports betting in Maine. Maine’s tribes would get exclusive rights to the lucrative mobile market in Maine, creating four online licenses. In 2020, Governor Janet Mills vetoed a sports betting bill.
5. Every Stoner’s Favorite Holiday… Happy 4/20! There are a few possible explanations on the origins of 4/20. The most known theory is that it became a holiday after five California high school students in 1971 made it a ritual to smoke weed every day at 4:20. Another belief is that 420 is California’s police code for marijuana.