1. As the country faces a wintertime surge of COVID infections President Biden announced the purchase of a half-billion at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests will be made available next month through the mail. The administration is still working to determine how many tests each household may request.
2. During his speech Tuesday, President Biden mentioned Maine. “FEMA will deploy hundreds of ambulances and EMS crews so that if one hospital fills up, we can transport patients to beds elsewhere. This week we’ll send dozens of ambulances to New York and Maine.” FEMA and the Maine National Guard are already helping some hospitals in Maine.
3. The Sanford Walmart is temporarily closed in order to sanitize and restock the store. They plan to reopen the store at 6 a.m. on Thursday.
4. After a diner finished his meal at Legends Sports Bar & Grill in Lewiston on Saturday, he quietly asked a server to add all of the open tabs in the restaurant to his bill — then left a $1,000 tip. He slipped out before other diners could thank him.
5. “Great things come in small packages”, National Short Person Day is today. On this day, own your shortness and have fun with the short people in your life.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!