1. The number of COVID-19 patients in Maine hospitals declined from 427 on Monday to 416 on Tuesday, and patients in intensive care units dropped below 100 for the first time since Dec. 1.
2. Pfizer has started clinical trials on an Omicron-specific vaccine. They insisted that people who have gotten to the booster stage of the current vaccine “maintain a high level of protection against Omicron, particularly against severe disease and hospitalizations.”
3. Walgreens says some of its stores will be ready to distribute those free N95 masks that the White House is providing as early as this Friday. The White House is sending out 400 million free high-quality N95 masks in hopes to curb COVID.
4. The Bangor BMV branch will be closed on Thursday and Friday to allow for their move to 396 Griffin Road, Suite 202 on Monday, January 31. The new branch will be bigger and brighter to allow for more distancing between customers and a better working environment for employees.
5. Boston Red Sox legend David Ortiz was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame his first time on the ballot. Home run king Barry Bonds and all-time great pitcher Roger Clemens were denied entry during their last year of eligibility. “Big Papi” will be enshrined in Cooperstown on July 24th.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn! See Tejay and he’ll help you turn the Christmas gifts you didn’t want or need into CASH! Gold Rush for the good life, Main St, Sanford!