1. Universal Music Group announced Tuesday it is “suspending all operations in Russia” in response to the unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. McDonald’s announced that they are temporarily closing all stores, more than 800 restaurants, in Russia. The company will continue to pay its 62,000 Russian employees. The company is continuing to pay the salaries of all of its Ukrainian employees too and has donated $5 million to their Employee Assistance Fund.
2. US gasoline prices have hit an all-time high at an average of $4.17 per gallon. The price for a gallon of gas has gone up 55 cents in one week!
3. Maine’s DHHS is no longer recommending universal masking inside public schools and for child care providers. Local school districts still have the authority to implement mask policies if they wish.
4. Apple had a reveal event on Tuesday. A refreshed iPhone SE was announced. This is Apple’s least expensive iPhone, and it still has a physical home button. A new iPad Air was unveiled. It features a Touch ID and a USB-C charging port. Apple also rolled out a new Mac desktop called the MacStudio. In a surprise announcement, Apple TV Plus will feature MLB Friday Night Baseball games.
5. Today marks the 25th anniversary of the passing of The Notorious B.I.G. He was killed outside of the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA on March 9th, 1997. Biggie was only 24 years old.
Made Hot in Maine by Goldrushautosales.com! Tejay has great deals on cars and trucks, and he takes trade-ins and buys vehicles, too! Gold Rush for the good life!