1. The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to stop the mandate that says Maine health workers have to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Maine will start enforcing the mandate on October 29. If health care workers are not vaccinated, they could lose their jobs. (WGME)
2. Police officers shot and killed a man Tuesday night near the intersection of Lunt and Middle Road in Falmouth. There was an armed confrontation with a man and two officers used guns. The suspect was shot and declared dead at the scene. One of the officers was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. (NEWS CENTER)
3. Maine reported another 883 COVID-19 cases and an increase in hospitalizations Tuesday. The county with the highest vaccination rate – Cumberland County has the lowest case count per capita. On the other hand, Somerset County is the least immunized and has the highest rate of COVID-19 infections. (PRESS HERALD)
4. Houston offense awakened with seven runs in the ninth on Tuesday night as the Astros came back to beat the Boston Red Sox 9-2, evening the AL Championship Series at two games apiece. Game 5 starts at 5:08pm tonight at Fenway. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Taco Bell is bringing back its breakfast menu tomorrow. Stop by any Taco Bell between 7a-11a local time tomorrow and you can get one Toasted Breakfast Burrito for free while they last. If you text “Wake Up” to 1-866-WAKEUP3, Taco Bell will call you on Thursday morning to remind you about that free burrito.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!