1. Leaders of Maine’s largest hospital system held a news conference yesterday and pleaded with the public to get vaccinated as hospitals and intensive care units fill with unvaccinated COVID-19 patients. According to officials about 1,500 people are waiting for elective surgeries at Maine Med because of the continued surge of COVID patients. (PRESS HERALD)
2. FDA advisors endorsed kid-size doses of Pfizer’s shots for 5- to 11-year-olds. The FDA is expected to make its own decision within days. If the FDA concurs the CDC will have to decide whether to recommend the shots. (PRESS HERALD)
3. Heavy rain and wind overnight knocked out power to thousands of Mainers across the state. CMP is reporting over 18,000 outages. Winds will remain active through the afternoon today. (WGME)
4. Winter is off to an early start at Sunday River. The resort saw its first snowfall over the weekend. (WGME)
5. Tropicana is rolling out a limited edition toothpaste on November 1st via their instagram. The juice maker has left a specific cleaning agent out of its toothpaste that causes that bitter taste in your mouth when combined with orange juice. (FOOD NETWORK)
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!