1. Around noon Tuesday, searchers pulled a body from Maquoit Bay in Brunswick, not far from the Freeport town line where 14-year-old Theo Ferrara was last seen Thursday. Tuesday afternoon, Freeport police confirmed that it was Ferrara’s body.
2. A federal judge found Kyle Fitzsimons of Lebanon guilty on all 11 charges, including assaulting at least three law enforcement officers on Jan. 6, 2021. He will be sentenced in February.
3. Airlines canceled over 2,000 U.S. flights on Tuesday and Wednesday as Florida braces for Hurricane Ian. Another 1,800 were delayed late Tuesday. Hurricane Ian is expected to bring winds of up to 130 mph and two feet of water in areas like Tampa. Walt Disney World has also closed operations in anticipation of Ian.
4. Greely High grad, Mark Jensenius, helped write the algorithm for NASA’s DART mission. The mission was the first ever attempt to alter the course of an asteroid.
5. This weekend is the weekend of the wicked at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor. The new horror convention will bring together Stephen King fans from all over the world. The main event is a reunion of five of the seven actors who played the younger versions of the Loser’s Club in the original “It” miniseries. There will also be a live taping of the popular, Stephen King-themed The Loser’s Club podcast.