1. Maine elections officials have removed Donald Trump from the 2024 primary ballot. Maine is the second state, after Colorado, to bar Trump based on the 14th Amendment, which bans individuals who have “engaged in insurrection” from running. (JN)
2. Maine State Police canceled the Amber Alert for 3-year-old Angie Rodondi just after 12:40am. Angie and her mother were found safe. (WMTW)
3. Cannabis odor from grow facilities in the Pine Point area has upset residents for years. Starting last winter, the Scarborough Town Council set a series of moratoriums on new cannabis cultivation licenses in the Pine Point area. The latest is set to expire in February and the council is scrambling to have a plan in place. Some members want it completely out of Pine Point. (PH)
4. Tomorrow is National Bacon Day and Wendy’s is celebrating by offering 1-cent bacon cheeseburgers December 30th through January 2nd! To score a nearly free burger, join Wendy’s rewards program through their website or app and just add the deal to your digital order. (ET)
5. Sunday is New Year’s Eve… Goodbye 2023 and hello 2024!
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com