1. A dangerous batch of heroin has hit the streets of Biddeford. Police say they have responded to several overdose calls this week. Police say the overdose victims thought they were buying heroin, but tests show what they got was mostly fentanyl, a potent drug that’s more powerful, and more dangerous than heroin. (WCSH)
2. Tom Brady sent a call to his wide receivers using a seashell.And Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola responded to the call.The Patriots quarterback posted a video to Facebook on Thursday morning and quickly racked up the likes and shares from Patriots fans. Brady’s ‘call for help’ was a notice to all of his wide receivers that it’s almost time to get back to work. The off season workout program begins on April 18th for the Pats. (WCSH)
3. #MaineTheWayLifeShould Be… Brenda Baker LaRochelle left lobster lollipops (souvenirs for her girls) in the L.L. Bean store in Freeport. Apparently employees at L.L. Bean found the sweet gifts in the store with the receipt in the bag and decided to ship the items to LaRochelle who is from Buxton but is currently living in Virginia. They hand wrote “enjoy” on the receipt. (WCSH)
4. Public Policy Polling has settled one of America’s great debates. A hot dog is not a sandwich. 60 percent of Americans agree. In fact Democrats and republicans both pretty much agree the hot dog is not a sandwich voting 57 percent and 60 percent respectively. (Complex)
5. Today is April Fools’ Day. This day is best celebrated by playing practical jokes on your family and friends.
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers.