1. Four people were killed in a shooting at Chicago’s Mercy Hospital on Monday afternoon. The three victims included a doctor, a new pharmacist and a police officer. The gunman also died from either police gunfire or a self-inflicted gunshot wound. (CNN)
2. The first legal marijuana shops in New England open Tuesday in Massachusetts, but Mainers looking to visit the pot shops won’t be able to bring their purchase home. Crossing state lines with any marijuana is illegal at the federal level. Transporting marijuana is a felony punishable by five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Like Massachusetts, Mainers legalized recreational marijuana in 2016. The state of Maine is working out the rules before the first marijuana retail shops open. (WMTW)
3. There could be a shortage of snow plow drivers this winter, and some communities have been scrambling to find drivers. The city of Sanford has been looking since mid-October, but there are still no takers yet for public works jobs that put workers on the streets moving snow. (WGME)
4. The 107th annual Portland-Deering Thanksgiving Day football game will be back at Fitzpatrick Stadium. If and when it is played is now the question. The game was supposed to be played at Deering’s Memorial Field this year. But city and school officials determined Monday that trying to remove the five inches of snow – with more likely on the way – could damage the new artificial surface. There are three options, according to Portland Athletic Director Rob O’Leary: move the game to 4 p.m. Wednesday; stick to the 10:30 a.m. Thursday start; or cancel for this season. (Press Herald)
5. Hot 104.7 Great Turkey Giveaway! Today 11am at Great East Butcher Shop in Scarborough. We’re giving away over $1,000 worth of turkeys. First come first served.